Sunday, December 14, 2014

Enchanted Quilters of Lopez Island 
Scrapbook History - Part #2
1988 - 1998

brought to you by Karen B. Alexander
Quilt Historian



EQ Christmas Luncheon 1988


Looks like Marge Gradle was the only one short enough to get into this phot. I think the photographer was focusing in on the Log Cabin table runner in the center of the picture.



Just a date of 1988 on this one. Anne Dawson on left; Vivian Burt at end of table on left. Wini Alexander center in vest looking at camera. Marge Gradle on right nearest the camera. 
Someone please help me ID the others in this photo.



A 1991 filed trip to a quilt exhibt in Canada.



I am not certain if this is an EQ field trip or a Northwest Quitling Connection (NQC) field trip. I looked back through my letters from my mother-in-law (Wini Alexander) and found no description of such a 1991 trip.  That is strange because Wini always wrote me about all her quilting expeditions. However, in my 1990 file on Wini I did find a copy of the NQC newsletter The Connecting Thread that mentions field trips to Vancouver, B.C. in 1990. I have a feeling this was a field trip this group made again and again over the years.






1992 Members

Photo taken behind the current Fire Station. 
The Senior Center used to be downstairs before the renovation 
of Woodman Hall, its  presnet location. Renovation of Woodman Hall began in 2005.







Working on the 1996 EQ Raffle Quilt









1996 EQ Christmas Party





Carol Gregory below







Working on the 1998 Raffle Quilt
"Snowbound"





L-R above: Wini Alexander, Sarah Kaufman, Darlene Demetirck, and Carol Gregory









Wini Alexander and Norma Peal riding in the 
4th of July Parade in 1998 with that year's finished raffle quilt.







No comments:

Post a Comment